- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Feisty Eggplant Spread Recipe
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seasoned|
|Non-fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg
Sodium 70 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 35.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the eggplant. Make a 5-inch slit lengthwise and put it on a microwave-safe plate.
2) Microwave on high temperature for 10 minutes or till the eggplant is very tender and has collapsed.
3) Leep aside for about 5 minutes or till the eggplant is cool enough to handle.
4) Cut the eggplant open and spoon the flesh into a large bowl.
5) Mash the eggplant with a fork so as to break up the long strands, if any.
6) Add the sour cream, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, garlic and pepper sauce and stir well.
7) On a decorative plate, spread the concoction and sprinkle the parsley all over.
8) Serve at room temperature or chilled, as preferred.