- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Feather Light Biscuits Recipe
|Butter||1 , melted|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 2622 Calories from Fat 1351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g235.8%
Saturated Fat 55.1 g275.7%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg40.5%
Sodium 2748.6 mg114.5%
Total Carbohydrates 267 g89%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 43 g86.5%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 61.8% Iron 89.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Take a small bowl and add warm water to it. Dissolve yeast into it and keep it aside.
3. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar with shortening. Blend the mixture till it resembles coarse meal.
4. Gradually add other ingredients like buttermilk and yeast mixture. Mix them well.
5. Portion out this mixture on lightly floured surface and knead it for about 2-3 minutes.
6. Mould this dough by rolling them in 1/2 inch thickness and cut the dough using 2-inch biscuit cutter.
7. Portion out this biscuit dough on lightly greased sheet and brush their tops with melted butter.
8. Bake this portion for about 400 at 15 minutes.
8. Serve the dish as per the need.