- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Favorite Mango Chutney Recipe
|Mango slices||3 Quart (Green)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw sugar||3 Pound, sifted (Brown Sugar, 7 Cups)|
|Vinegar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisins||30 Ounce (2 Packages ,15 Oz. Each)|
|Hawaiian red peppers||4 , seeded and chopped (Small Hot Chili Peppers)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ginger root/3 tablespoons ground ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
Calories 56 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.03 g0.05%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 44.1 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 0.29 g0.58%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl add mango slices and salt.
2) Keep aside for a night.
3) Rinse mango slices under running water and drain.
4) In a large saucepan add sugar and vinegar.
5) Cook in simmering heat for 30 minutes.
6) Mix mango slices and remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour until chutney is of desired consistency.
7) Sterilize 7-pint jars.
8) Fill the jars with chutney and seal with melted paraffin immediately.