- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Favorite Honey Bars Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Sifted flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg
Sodium 144.6 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together shortening, sugar and honey until light and fluffy.
2) Add eggs to the mixture and blend.
3) Combine flour with soda, baking powder and salt and add to creamed mixture.
4) Now add oats, coconut, vanilla and nuts and mix well.
5) Take a greased 10 1/2X15 inch pan and pour the mixture.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Let it cool and then cut into bars of about 1 1/2 X2 ½ size.