- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lebanese Fattet Humus Recipe Video
|Chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Liquid from beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chickpeas Water)|
|Pita bread||2 Cup (32 tbs), toasted|
|Tahini sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted almonds||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Pine nuts||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 1218 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.7 mg1.2%
Sodium 939.8 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.6%
Dietary Fiber 38.4 g153.5%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 60 g119.1%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 40.6% Iron 86.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bake the pita bread chips until golden in color and place in a deep dish.
2. You can still fry the bread in oil until golden brown but this will make your recipe higher in calories and fat.
To make the Tahini sauce :
3. Add yogurt, Tahini, Lemon juice, Salt, Garlic and the hot chili peppers if you are using them and mix to a smooth finish.
4. You do not need an electric mixer for this step, a whisk or a fork would do.
5. Heat up the chickpeas with the water until boiling.
6. Put the bread chips in a deep dish.
7. Pour half of the amount of the Tahini and yogurt sauce and mix well.
8. Add two cups of chickpeas with some of the water, the rest of the Tahini sauce and mix well.
9. Smooth up the top.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley and / or fried pine nuts or fried almonds with the oil that was used for frying.
This is a very delicious, economical recipe and very high in nutritious. Enjoy.