- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Pita bread rounds||2 , hard toasted|
|Romaine lettuce head||1⁄2 , washed, tore and drained|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2 , washed, tore and drained|
|Pickling cucumbers||3 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 , chopped|
|Fresh mint||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Green onions||4 , diced|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 249.5 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 126.5% Vitamin C 63.4%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 225°F.
2) Place pita bread on flat pan, and leave in the oven for 2 hours, turning once or twice.
3) Take the pita bread out of the oven.
4) Allow to cool and cut into fairly large pieces.
5) In a salad bowl. place the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, mint, onions, and salt.
6) In a small bowl, blend together oil and vinegar.
7) Sprinkle the salad with vinegar dressing, and mix well.
8) Arrange pita bread on top of the salad and serve.