- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Father Dan’s Favorite Pasta Recipe
|Canned stewed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped and drained (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Snipped oregano/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Snipped fresh thyme/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prosciutto||6 Ounce, chopped|
|Snipped fresh basil/1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spinach fettuccine||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese/Shredded mozzarella cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1413 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.2%
Saturated Fat 31.8 g158.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.9 mg
Sodium 2661.7 mg110.9%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g56%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.1%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 55 g109.3%
Vitamin A 81.2% Vitamin C 85.7%
Calcium 77.1% Iron 43.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a 4-quart Dutch oven and mix chopped tomatoes, non-drained stewed tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, pepper and salt and boil the mixture.
3. Lower the heat and simmer, on medium heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add wine, sour cream and light cream. Stirring intermittently, simmer for 20 minutes more.
5. Mix prosciutto, basil and 1 cup Parmesan cheese and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Simultaneously, take an 8-quart stockpot, add 6 quarts boiling salted water and cook fettuccine for about 8 to 10 minutes or till the fettuccine turns firmly tender.
7. Transfer cooked fettuccine back to stockpot after draining completely.
8. Top hot pasta with tomato mixture and toss till pasta is completely coated.
9. Take a oven-safe serving dish and transfer pasta mixture to it. Top with additional Parmesan cheese or Mozzarella cheese.
10. Allow to bake for 3 minutes or till cheese melts and starts turning light brown.
11. Serve hot.