- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Salted water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package / Cake / Active Dry / Compressed)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1508 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.8 mg
Sodium 662.9 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 256 g85.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.5%
Sugars 42.6 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 42.6%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 73.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine yeast to lukewarm water until the yeast dissolves.
2) In a saucepan, add salt and bring the water to boil.
3) Add potatoes to boil until tender.
4) Drain water by reserving 1 cup.
5) In a large mixing bowl, pour in the reserved water.
6) Add sugar, salt and 1 cup flour to the water to beat into smooth consistency.
7) Stir in the yeast solution into the flour mixture.
8) Cover the flour mixture with a cloth and allow standing for 4 hours until the mixture becomes bubbly.
9) Mash the hot potatoes.
10) In a mixing bowl, place a cup of mashed potatoes and mix with butter, eggs and nutmeg.
11) Add the potato mixture into the yeast batter.
12) Place remaining flour and prepare stiff dough.
13) On a lightly floured board, place the dough and knead to smooth and elastic.
14) In a greased bowl, place the dough and cover with a lid.
15) Keep the bowl in a warm place until the dough rises to double.
16) Punch down the dough and place the dough inside refrigerator.
17) Make two parts from the dough.
18) Use a lightly floured board to roll out the dough to 1/3 inch thick.
19) With a doughnut cutter, bring the cut outs.
20) In a skillet, place deep fat and heat up at 365°F.
21) Fry the doughnuts, one at a time until it puffs and gets brown on both the sides.
22) Transfer the doughnuts on paper towel to drain.
23) Sprinkle sugar on top to serve hot.