- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fast Fish Chowder Recipe
|Buttered fish fillets||10 Ounce, partially thawed (1 package, Mrs. Paul's)|
|Canned condensed cream of potato soup||21 Ounce (2 cans, 10-1/2 ounces each)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||4 , crisply fried and crumbled|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.7 mg
Sodium 890.4 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.61%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the fish fillets into one inch pieces and pat dry.
2. In a large pan, add all of the ingredients except the bacon.
3. SautÃ© the bacon in a separate pan over medium heat till it is cooked through.
4. Bring this mixture to a boil and stir occasionally to ensure that the soup is cooked through.
5. Add the fish pieces to the pan and simmer again for 10-15 minutes till the fish is cooked through and flakes when shredded.
6. Serve hot garnished with the fried bacon.