- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fast Chicken Minestrone Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced into thin half-moons|
|Carrots||2 Large, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Canned plum tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped with their juices|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken||1 1⁄4 Pound, sliced into 1/2-inch cubes (Breasts Or Thighs, Skinless, Boneless)|
|Zucchini||2 Pound, sliced into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Canned red kidney beans||30 Ounce, drained and rinsed (2 Cans, 15 Ounces Each)|
|Parsley/Basil leaves /a combination of herbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (Packed)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly grated|
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112 mg
Sodium 1457.9 mg60.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 54 g108%
Vitamin A 162.5% Vitamin C 144%
Calcium 46.4% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, saute the onion over a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the carrots and cabbage, cover and cook for 5 minutes, until soft.
3) Stir in the tomatoes with their juices and the water, bring to a boil over a high heat, then simmer covered over a low heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
4) Stir in the chicken, zucchini and beans, simmer covered for 10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
5) Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, turn off the heat and add the parsley.
6) Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately with the Parmesan on the side.