- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fast Chicken Creole Recipe
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (hot)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Condensed chicken gumbo soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato wedges in tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Mushrooms||1 Can (10 oz), sliced, drained|
|Boned chicken||2 Can (20 oz), diced|
|Marjoram leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Processed american cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (1 packet)|
Calories 763 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.4%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 266.6 mg88.9%
Sodium 1736.1 mg72.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 44 g87.5%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 44.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a lightly greased 8-cup baking dish, add the cooked rice.
3) In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add in the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic and saute till the vegetables turn soft.
4) Add in the condensed gumbo soup, tomato wedges in tomato soup, mushrooms, chicken, marjoram and salt.
5) Mix well and pour the mixture over the rice in the baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
6) Bake for 30 minutes or till the sauce starts to bubble.
7) Serve the Fast Chicken Creole, sprinkled with chopped parsley.