- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fast Baked Beans Recipe
|Bacon slices||3 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Canned pork and beans in tomato sauce||116 Ounce|
|Canned red kidney beans||18 Ounce, drained|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packed|
|Onion/1/8 teaspoon onion powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 824 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.86 mg
Sodium 2156.9 mg89.9%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.8%
Dietary Fiber 37.6 g150.6%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 38 g75.7%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 46.6% Iron 83.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 1-quart casserole put bacon.
2) Wrap with white paper towels.
3) Cook bacon on 100% power (high) for 3 to 5 minutes stirring once.
4) Drain off fat and keep aside.
5) In the 1-quart casserole add undrained pork and beans, drained kidney beans, brown sugar, onion or onion powder, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
6) Stir the ingredients together.
7) Cook covered on high for 6 to 8 minutes stirring twice.
8) Sprinkle bacon over it.