- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Farmhouse Chicken Pot Pie With Dill Pastry Recipe
|Chopped fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ice water||6 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Fresh button mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, thawed, drained (1 Package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2833 Calories from Fat 1638
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 186 g286%
Saturated Fat 84.7 g423.6%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 534.7 mg
Sodium 3013.9 mg125.6%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.8%
Dietary Fiber 30.2 g120.7%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 125 g249.9%
Vitamin A 540.5% Vitamin C 301.8%
Calcium 67.7% Iron 106.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Add flour with salt, shortening and dill to a food processor with steel blade and process for 10 seconds.
3. While processing, via tube, add water and vinegar. Continue to process for 45 to 60 seconds till dough balls are formed in the middle.
4. Take out the dough and gather as a ball. Using a plastic wrap, cover the dough and allow to refrigerate for an hour.
5. In a saucepan, fill 3/4th with water and bring to boil. Add carrot, celery and onion and on medium heat, cook for 15 minutes till vegetables turn tender. Drain off excess water and keep aside.
6. Take a different saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Beat in flour and allow to cook for 3 minutes for flour to absorb completely.
7. Slowly beat in chicken stock, salt, half and half, parsley, pepper, rosemary and salt and cook for 4 more minutes to thicken the mixture.
8. Add chicken, cooked vegetables, peas and mushrooms to keep stuffing ready.
9. Halve the dough. Roll each half into a 10 inch diameter circle on a lightly floured board.
10. Take a 9 inch pie plate and keep one of dough in its bottom and allow the crust to bake for 5 minutes.
11. Cool and using a fork, prick the bottom.
12. Add chicken filling to prebaked curst, add the top crust, secure edges and make a ½ inch vent in the crust’ middle.
13. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till crust is light brown and firm.
14. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.