- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Farmers' Market Pasta Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cored, seeded, and diced|
|White eggplant||1 1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Pasta cooking water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn||2 , kernels removed|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated romano cheese||1 Tablespoon (Or As Desired)|
Calories 1141 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg1.3%
Sodium 206.4 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g71%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.9%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 76%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, add lightly salted and bring to a boil.
2) To this, add the pasta.
3) Once cooked, drain the pasta and keep aside. Reserve the water.
4) Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
5) Add the garlic, and saute it, stirring often for a while.
6) To this, add the red bell pepper, and saute it, stirring constantly, until the peppers begin to soften.
7) Then, add the eggplant. Saute it, stirring often, until the eggplant is almost tender.
8) Add the balsamic vinegar, and simmer for 30 seconds.
9) Add the pasta water, fresh corn, and basil or cilantro.
10) Take off heat and sprinkle salt and pepper.
11) Return the drained pasta to the pot.
12) To this, add the vegetables.
13) Stir over low heat for 2 minutes.
14) Divide the pasta evenly among 4 serving dishes. Serve hot, garnished with grated cheese.