- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Farmer's Cheesecake Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||7 Tablespoon, thinly sliced (Stick Minus 1 Tablespoon, At Cool Room Temperature)|
|Egg yolks||2 Large (Save White For The Filling)|
|Farmers cheese||1 Pound|
|Farmer cheese||1 Pound|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated|
|Eggs||4 Large (Separated, Plus 1 Large Egg White, At Room Temperature)|
|Eggs||4 Large, separated (Plus 1 Large Egg White, At Room Temperature)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 339 mg
Sodium 200 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 27 g54.4%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 325°F.
2) Place rack at the center of oven and heat to 325°F.
3) Evenly grease a 9-inch round spring form pan with butter.
4) To make the crust: In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, and salt.
5) With a pastry blender, cut in butter and rub with flour to resemble coarse crumbs.
6) Make a well at the center of the flour mixture.
7) In a small bowl, beat egg yolks, lemon zest, and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the well.
8) Stir with a fork until the mixture is damp and crumbs cling together when pressed between fingers.
8) Collect the dough and press firmly into the pan and spread evenly. Bring the dough about 3/4 inch up the sides. Using a fork, pierce the dough all over and refrigerate for 2 minutes.
9) Place in oven and bake for about 12 minutes until the crust is set and changing color.
10) Place on a wire rack and let stand until completely cook.
11) Continue baking after reducing oven temperature to 350°F.
12) To prepare filling: Through a wire sieve rub farmer's cheese into a medium bowl.
13) Mix sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, milk, cornstarch, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt.
14) Using a handheld electric mixer beat the mixture on medium speed until mixed.
15) Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
16) In a medium bowl beat 5 egg whites with clean beaters on high speed until soft peaks form.
17) Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until whites form peaks.
18) Add one fourth of the whites into the cheese mixture and stir. Fold in the remains.
19) Pour the filling into the cooled crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle the raisins and almonds over the top.
20) Place in oven, bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the sides are gently puffed, and golden brown in color. The center might still appear soft.
21) Take off from oven and using a sharp knife run around the inside of the pan to let loose the cake.
22) Place into a wire rack and cool completely. Remove the sides of the pan.
23) Cover the cake with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
24) Serve chilled. To slice the cake, use a hot, wet knife.