- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Farfalle with Chicken, Shiitake, Spinach, and Sage Recipe
|Farfalle||1 Pound (Bow-Tie-Shaped Pasta)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound, boneless and trimmed of all visible fat and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick|
|Spanish onion||1 , peeled, diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Shiitake||12 Ounce, stems removed and discarded, caps sliced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sage||4 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Pasta cooking water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Spinach||1 Pound, stemmed, chopped, washed, and dried|
|Parmesan||4 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 804 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76 mg25.3%
Sodium 511.6 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.1%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 52 g104.9%
Vitamin A 232% Vitamin C 70.7%
Calcium 57.2% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pot and place water in it to boil.
2) Add the pasta to it and allow it to cook.
3) Place a Dutch oven on medium flame and add olive oil to it.
4) Add the chicken and sautÃ© them for 5 minutes turning them frequently.
5) Add the garlic to it and sautÃ© until the fragrance is released.
6) Add garlic and sautÃ© it until it releases the fragrance.
7) Add the shiitake mushrooms together with salt and sautÃ© over high flame, stirring continuously until they become soft and the liquid gets evaporated.
8) Add the wine and allow to simmer until it evaporates.
9) Add the pasta cooking water together with sage and spinach and stir the ingredients continuously until the spinach wilts.
10) Add the butter and stir it in before seasoning with salt and pepper.
11) Drain excess water from the pasta and add it to the sauce.
12) Toss them properly and heat for a minute more.
13) Take 4 plates and divide the pasta topping each serving with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
14) Serve hot.