- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Farfalle Alla Napoletana Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Carrots||2 , finely chopped|
|Red peppers||2 , finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, chopped|
|Red wine||150 Milliliter|
|Chopped tomatoes||13 Ounce|
|Farfalle||12 Ounce, dried|
|Basil||1 Bunch (100 gm), garnish|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2077 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 557.3 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 340 g113.2%
Dietary Fiber 38.1 g152.2%
Sugars 63.5 g
Protein 61 g121.4%
Vitamin A 854.2% Vitamin C 834.2%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 79%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onion and garlic in the heated oil for about 3 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in the red peppers and carrots and saute for a another 3 minutes.
3) Stir in the fresh tomatoes alongwith red wine, canned tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, then partially cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4) In a large saucepan, allow about 1.75 litres/ 3 pints of water to boil.
Add the dash of oil, salt and pasta and then cook for 8-12 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
5) In a colander, drain the pasta and place over a large serving platter. Sprinkle with the pepper and some olive oil, if desired.
6) Spoon the tomato sauce over the pasta, garnish with the chopped fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.