- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fancy Decorated Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Food color||2 Drop|
|Tinted coconut||1 Tablespoon (Frosting Or Glaze)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2234 Calories from Fat 897
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.3%
Saturated Fat 63.6 g317.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 1008.7 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 303 g101.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 157.3 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 45.4% Iron 58.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking sheet lightly with fat.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. In a bowl or a container cream, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat hard adding egg and vanilla.
5. In a bowl sift flour, measure and sift again with baking powder and salt.
6. Stir into creamed mixture to make a soft dough to work with.
7. add 2 to 4 tablespoons additional flour for getting a stiffer dough.
8. Chill dough 1 hour or longer and roll out thin on floured cloth or board, working with only part of the dough at a time.
9. Cut with cookie cutters and place on greased baking sheet.
10. Bake in oven 6 to 8 minutes and remove immediately to cooling racks.
11. Serve the cookies with beverages such as coffee or tea or as snacks.