- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Family Size Chicken Pie Recipe
|Butter||2 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Cooked chicken||9 Ounce, shredded (250 Gram)|
|Chestnut mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.8 mg
Sodium 47.9 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2) Take a pie tin 25cm in diameter and grease it with butter.
3) Take two-thirds of pastry and roll it out. Line the base of the tin with the rolled out dough. Roll out the remaining pastry dough to form a slightly smaller circle. Chill until needed.
4) To make the filling, heat a little butter in a frying pan. Add the onions and carrots and sauté for about 8 to10 minutes till they become soft.
5) Put in the chicken and mushrooms and stir for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Sieve the flour over and cook for 2 minutes. Then, pour in the wine and stock. Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer for 25 minutes. Put in peas only in the last 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool a little.
7) Fill the lined tin with the filling.
8) Wet the edges with some water, and then place the smaller dough round on top. Press the edges together and seal them using a fork. Then, brush the sides with the beaten egg.
9) Bake for about 30 mins till the pie forms a nice golden brown hue.
10) Remove from heat and let it cool a bit. Make slices and serve.