- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Family Pizza Night goes Valentine's Recipe Video
|Pizza dough||500 Gram (1, preferably whole wheat)|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Light olive oil||4 Tablespoon (11/8 cup+ 2 tablespoons)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crush|
|Red bell pepper||2 , dice|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 957 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.3 mg12.1%
Sodium 1619 mg67.5%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 33 g66.3%
Vitamin A 89.3% Vitamin C 272.9%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. In a bowl, add 1/8 cup of olive oil and garlic. Stir and allow it to set and fuse the flavours.
3. Remove seeds and dice bell pepper. Keep it aside.
4. Place a skillet over low heat, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add pepper in it. Sauté until lightly softened, but still crisp.
5. Roll pizza dough on slightly oiled and floured counter top.
6. Using a brush, apply garlic mixed olive oil on it.
7. Sprinkle dry basil, and then top it with mozzarella cheese.
8. Lay diced pepper in the shape of a heart in the centre of the pizza.
9. Place it oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts and the crust becomes golden brown.
10. Serve pizza hot with oregano and tomato sauce.
You can also use parmesan cheese if you like it.