- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Family Fruit Cake Recipe
|Self-raising flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mixed spice||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Ground nutmeg||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Butter||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon To Grease Tine)|
|Soft brown sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Syrup||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Mixed dried fruit||1 Pound (450 Gram, Raisins, Currants, Sultanas, Candied Peel And Cherries)|
|Warm milk||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5086 Calories from Fat 2733
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 303 g465.7%
Saturated Fat 98.4 g492%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 629.8 mg
Sodium 4354.4 mg181.4%
Total Carbohydrates 469 g156.5%
Dietary Fiber 73.7 g294.8%
Sugars 207.1 g
Protein 164 g327.8%
Vitamin A 100.5% Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 107.6% Iron 160.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 325°F (170°C/Gas 3) and grease and line an 18 cm (7 in) round tin.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and spices together.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Put in the syrup and beat well.
5. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, adding 15 ml (1 tbsp) of flour between each addition.
6. Beat hard to incorporate plenty of air.
7. Combine the rest of the flour using a wooden spoon, add the dried fruit and mix well.
8. Put in the warm milk and beat until the mixture is moist and well blended.
9. Into the prepared tin pour and let it bake for 1 3/4—2 hours until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Take out of the oven and turn out on to a wire rack to cool.