- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Faloodeh (Faloodeh Shirazi) Falooda Recipe Video
|Rice noodles||3 1⁄2 Ounce, broken|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rose water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.24%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 45.3 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 50.1 g
Protein 0.9 g1.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot mix sugar and water and stir thoroughly until well mixed.
2. Heat the pot and keep stirring until boiled.
3. Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down.
4. To the pot add the rose water, stir well, then put the mixture in the freezer until frozen.
5. In another pot put the rice noodles, add boiling water until it covers the noodles completely and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
6. Drain the noodles in a colander and rinse with cold water.
7. Take the frozen mixture out of the freezer and add it to the drained noodles and stir.
8. Keep the mixture in the freezer until served.
9. Squeeze a fresh lime (and more rose water, if preferred) into a cup of faloodeh when served.
10. In a serving bowl, serve the faloodeh chilled as dessert.