- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Fall Wheat Berry Salad Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Arugula||2 Cup (32 tbs), trimmed|
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs), trimmed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Red cabbage||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Asparagus||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh walnuts||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Pumpkin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prosciutto seasoning||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3736.5 mg155.7%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 40.1%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the wheat in water for 45-50 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, place the spinach and arugula. Pour olive oil and gently toss them.
3. Add onion, purple cabbage and keep mixing. Stir in the asparagus, fresh basils, walnuts and pumpkin seeds and mix well.
4. Add in the wheat and prosciutto seasoning and tomatoes. Toss the salad well.
5. Serve the Healthy Wheat Salad right away and enjoy!