- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fall or Winter Lasagna Recipe Video
|Leeks||1⁄2 Pound, rinsed|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Kale||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mozzarella||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lasagna sheets||1 Medium (no boil, 1 package)|
|Sauce bechamel||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (+ 1 tablespoon for cooking kale)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely (+ 1/2 teaspoon for cooking kale)|
|Seasoning blend||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Harvest Eating)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for cooking kale)|
|Shallot||1 Large, chopped (for cooking kale)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2162 Calories from Fat 1010
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g174%
Saturated Fat 45.5 g227.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.7 mg
Sodium 2037.1 mg84.9%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70.1%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 106 g212.2%
Vitamin A 1589.6% Vitamin C 467.7%
Calcium 253.8% Iron 63.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the leeks roughly and set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F.
3) In a large pot, saute the shallot and garlic in olive oil for a few seconds. Then add the kale and chicken broth and cook for about 40 minutes until the kale is soft and tender.
4) In a dutch oven, add the olive oil, leeks, garlic and seasoning. Stir the ingredients and saute until the leeks are tender.
5) In a lasagna tray, assemble lasagna by spreading sauce Bechamel at the bottom, then the lasagna sheets, sweet potato slices, cooked leeks, cooked kale, cheese, seasoning and sauce Bechamel. Repeat to make another layer.
6) Top the layers with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with the seasoning.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes until bubbly and starting to brown on top. The sweet potatoes should be cooked until they are fork tender.
8) Slice the Lasagna and spoon onto a serving plate. Garnish with a rosemary sprig, drizzle with some balsamic syrup and serve immediately.