- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tilapia Salad Recipe Video
|For the dressing|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|For the salad|
|Romaine lettuce||1⁄4 Small|
|Chicory leaves||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, wedged|
|Eggs||2 Large, hardboiled and wedged|
|Tilapia filets||1 Medium|
|Cucumber slices||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Artichoke hearts||4 Small|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), boiled|
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.7 mg
Sodium 856.1 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 21.1 g84.5%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 46.6% Vitamin C 118.3%
Calcium 20% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, add garlic, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil and whisk well.
2. Add in the basil and mix well.
3. For the salad: In a serving plate, arrange some romaine lettuce onto the plate, place the chicory leaves at the side of the romaine lettuce.
4. Place the endives over the romaine lettuce, Place the tomato and egg wedges on the sides of the plate around the chicory leaves.
5. Place the cucumber slices, artichokes, green pepper and green beans over the endives.
6. Place a piece of tilapia over the bed of greens, garnished with some olives.
7. Serve this tilapia salad immediately drizzled with some of the dressing and garnished with sesame seeds.