- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fakin' Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe Video
|Veggie bacon strips||150 Gram (Morningstar Farms Bacon Strips 1 box)|
|Asparagus spears||36 Large (or about 72 thin small ones)|
|Fresh parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon, shaved (Optional)|
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.2 mg
Sodium 1063.6 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Defrost the Morningstar Farms Bacon Strips for at least 1 hour to increase ease of handling.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Break the ends of the asparagus stalks by holding at the blunt end and a 1/4 of the way down from the tip. This will allow the asparagus to break at the best point to eliminate any excessive fibrous ends.
4. Spray baking dish with olive oil, place rinsed trimmed asparagus in pan, sprinkle with pepper and toss in pan.
5. Bake at 400F for 5 minutes, 3-4 minutes if the stalks are thin.
6. Remove the asparagus and let cool for about 5 minutes, until they are at a comfortable temperature for handling.
7. Grab 2-4 stalks of asparagus all facing the same direction and one MF bacon strip. Wrap the asparagus with the fakin from the tip down on an angle slightly overlapping.
8. Place in the same baking dish with the edge of the fakin closest to the bottom of the spear face down on the pan to prevent it from unraveling.
10. Bake at 400F for about 4 minutes, until the strips have browned. Watch closely as they brown quickly since they are defrosted. Remove from oven once lightly browned.
11. Let the asparagus bundles cool for about 5 minutes and serve warm garnished with Parmesan cheese if you like.