- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fajitas & Guaca-Salsa-Mole Recipe Video
|Tony's homemade chicken fajitas||1 Bag (1 kg)|
|Ripe avacados||3 , dice (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Sweet onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), mince (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Jalapeno/Serrano||1 Medium, seeded and minced (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Lime||2 , squeeze (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Cilantro||3 Tablespoon, mince (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground (for guaca-salsa-mole)|
|Roasted green chili paste||2 Teaspoon (for guaca-salsa-mole to taste) (Optional)|
|Tequila||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for fajita) (Optional)|
|Low fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for cream)|
|Low fat mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for cream)|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered (for cream)|
Calories 615 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.1 mg
Sodium 1120.5 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.6%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 98.7% Vitamin C 166.9%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a pan over heat and add fajitas in it. Stir and allow it to rest, giving it a chance to brown.
2. When you find a nice browning, toss it well.
3. Add a little bit of lime juice and tequila to your fajitas, and cook until done.
4. For salsa, In a bowl combine avocados, tomato, sweet onion, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro.
5. Pour olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. For cream, in a mixing bowl, put sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin, and cilantro.
7. Pour 1 tablespoon of tequila and lime juice. Mix it well and put it in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
8. Transfer fajita on a serving plate, spoon salsa and a dollop of cream on top.
9. serve fajita immediately, with fresh onion, cilantro, and lemon wedge garnish.
You may use any variety of tomato to make the salsa.
You can mash avocado, or cut it into chunks.
If you do not have preserved roasted green chili paste, then you can prepare it at home easily by roasting chili and then grinding it into paste.
Make your salsa a couple of hours advance.
If desired, you may sprinkle a little hot sauce on top before serving fajitas.