- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fajita Stuffed Shells Recipe
|Lime juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Ground cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Round steak/Flank steak||6 Ounce|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, cut|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut|
|Pasta shells||6 Ounce|
|Reduced fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chunky salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Leaf lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg
Sodium 269.8 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 84.8%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-metallic dish, combine lime juice, oregano, garlic, and cumin and then add onion, bell pepper, and steak.
2) Cover the mixture and leave it overnight to marinate.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
4) Cook pasta shells as per package directions without salt, drain, and keep aside.
5) Grill the steak and the vegetables over medium hot coals for 3 - 4 minutes until tender.
6) Slice the steak into pieces and chop the vegetables.
7) Take a bowl and arrange the vegetables and steak and then whisk in sour cream, cheddar cheese, and cilantro.
8) Fill the pasta shells evenly with the steak mixture.
9) Take an 8-inch baking dish and pour the salsa over filled shells.
10) Cover the baking dish with a foil and bake for 15 minutes or until done.
11) On a serving platter arrange the lettuce leaves and serve the stuffed shells.