- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fairytale Flowerpot Dessert Recipe
|Fresh pineapple||1 , cut into 12 round slices|
|Seedless grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Both Red And Green Varieties)|
|Angel food cake/Pound cake||16 Ounce, cut into 2 inch cubes (1 Purchased)|
|Angel food cake/Pound cake||1 Pound, cut into 2-inch cubes (Purchased)|
|Ice cream/Your favorite frozen confection||1 Quart (Any Flavor)|
|Syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sprinkles||2 Tablespoon (Use Assorted)|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.8 mg
Sodium 206.3 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 68.5%
Calcium 12% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. To make fruit flowers, cut out the center of each pineapple slice with a small melon baller. Cut each slice into a flower shape with a 2- to 3-inch flower-shaped metal cookie cutter. Place a grape, raspberry, or blackberry in the cut-out center of the pineapple flower.
3. Insert a wooden skewer starting at the bottom of the pineapple flower, carefully pushing it through the fruit in the center and through the top portion of the pineapple flower, making sure the skewer is not sticking out the top of the flower. Place the flowers on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator.
4. Place the flowerpots in their saucers and set on the other cookie sheet. Put several cubes of cake into each pot, filling it halfway to the top. Press down on the cake, making sure to cover the hole in the bottom of each pot. Fill each flowerpot with a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and garnish with sprinkles.
5. Insert a straw into the center of the ice cream. Store the flowerpots in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
6. When you are ready to serve, remove the flowerpots from the freezer and the fruit flowers from the refrigerator. Insert a flower into the straw in each flowerpot and serve immediately.
May be stored covered up to 8 hours.
This recipe has been excerpted from Barbara Beery’s Pink Princess Party Cookbook. To purchase this book visit, KidsCookingShop.com.