- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fabulous Fudge Cake Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6121 Calories from Fat 1913
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g336.3%
Saturated Fat 109.4 g546.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 876.3 mg
Sodium 5210.3 mg217.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1017 g339%
Dietary Fiber 52.3 g209.3%
Sugars 692.9 g
Protein 89 g177.3%
Vitamin A 70.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 88.5% Iron 146.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt chocolate in small saucepan over very low heat.
3. Sift cake flour, baking soda and salt onto wax paper.
4. Beat butter or margarine in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed; gradually add sugar; beat until mixture is fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat until thick. Stir in vanilla and chocolate with spoon or mixer at low speed.
6. Add sifted dry ingredients, a third at a time, alternately with buttermilk, stirring with mixer at low speed just until blended; stir in boiling water. Pour into pans.
7. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 25 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
8. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; loosen around edges with knife; turn out onto racks; remove wax paper; cool completely. Put layers together and frost.