- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fabulous Filled Phyllo Recipe
|Cheese filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Phyllo dough sheets||9 , thawed if frozen (8X14-Inch)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.1%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.8 mg
Sodium 451.2 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 10 g21%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.9% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make the Cheese Filling.
2) Set the oven to a temperature of 400°.
3) Brush melted margarine or butter lightly on a phyllo sheet.
4) Layer on the top another phyllo sheet and brush butter or margarine on it.
5) Repeat with a third phyllo sheet and brush butter or margarine on it too. (Put a waxed paper over the remaining phyllo and overlay with a moist cloth so as to prevent it from drying out.)
6) Cut the phyllo stack longitudinally into 2-inch-wide strips.
7) For every triangle, spoon a scant one tablespoon of Cheese Filling leaving an inch from one end of every strip.
8) Fold the end over the cheese filling keeping a 45-degree angle.
9) Keep folding to form a triangle which seals in the cheese filling.
10) Repeat the same with rest of the phyllo, remaining filling and margarine or butter.
11) Put the triangles on a baking sheet.
12) Brush tops with rest of the margarine or butter.
13) Bake for around 8 minutes or until it turns light brown.
14) Serve the dish warm.