- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fabulous Date Bars Recipe
|Soy oil||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Honey||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Blackstrap molasses||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Finely grated lemon rind/Orange rind / both||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||250 Milliliter, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Rolled oats||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Whole wheat flour||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Wheat germ||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Brewer's yeast||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||150 Milliliter (2/3 Cup)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||125 Milliliter, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower seeds||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4850 Calories from Fat 1984
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 234 g359.7%
Saturated Fat 29.7 g148.3%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 2238 mg93.2%
Total Carbohydrates 596 g198.7%
Dietary Fiber 101.4 g405.5%
Sugars 207.6 g
Protein 147 g293.5%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 57.4% Iron 246.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease a 15-inch X 10-inch baking pan with oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 325Â°F (165Â°C.)
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and beat well until blended.
4. Stir in next 3 ingredients.
5. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients except baking soda.
6. In a cup, dissolve baking soda into measured buttermilk.
7. Stir the dry ingredients in batches, into the oil -egg mixture, alternating with buttermilk, whisking until a well blended batter is formed.
8. Turn and spread batter in oiled baking pan.
9. Top with walnuts and raw sunflower seeds sprinkled over the batter and lightly pressed with back of spoon.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden.
11. Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
12. Cut into bars, squares or diamonds and serve at tea time or wrap in plastic wrap and carry as a nutri bar.