- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Extra Sloppy Sloppy Joe Sandwich Recipe Video
|Ground beef/Hamburger||1 Pound (May Use Laura'S Lean 4% Fat)|
|Sloppy joe seasoning packet||1 Ounce|
|Sloppy joe seasoning||1 Ounce (Mccormick)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Coleslaw||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Prepared /Homemade)|
|Sliced tomato||1 Large|
|Whole wheat buns||8 (Sandwich)|
Calories 682 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.4 mg
Sodium 1667.1 mg69.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.8%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C 71.5%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 36.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
5. In a skillet, cook the beef till brown.
6. Remove from fire, add sloppy joe seasoning mix and tomato paste. Put it back on medium heat to cook for another 10 minutes.
8. Spread the cooked beef on the bottom half of the sandwich bun.
9. Spread a layer of coleslaw over the beef and place a tomato slice, cap it with the top half of the sandwich bun.
10. Serve with Frito chips, and apple slices.