- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Exotic Pancake Crepe Rolls Recipe
|Green peas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sweetcorn kernels||2 Ounce|
|Peanut oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Brown rice||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Dried figs||2 Ounce, diced (50 Gram)|
|Pancakes||4 (8 Inches In Diameter)|
|Wholemeal flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3107 Calories from Fat 1520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g266.8%
Saturated Fat 34.3 g171.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 623 mg
Sodium 766.9 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 343 g114.2%
Dietary Fiber 29.4 g117.5%
Sugars 91.4 g
Protein 65 g129.3%
Vitamin A 116% Vitamin C 344.9%
Calcium 52.7% Iron 100.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If the sweetcorn and peas are raw, they need to be boiled for 5 minutes.
2. Set aside to cool
3. In a large saucepan, heat the peanut oil.
4. Add the onions and stir fry till the onions are transparent
5. Then tip in the pepper and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes or till the mixture is soft.
6. Add the rice to the mixture in the pan and stir it till all the grains are coated with oil
7. Tip in the 3/4 pint (425 ml / 2 cups) water and the turmeric and stir well
8. In a shallow earthenware dish, empty the rice and bake at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6) for 45 minutes
9. In the last five minutes of the cooking, add in the sweetcorn and the peas
10. Season to taste
11. Remove the dish from the oven and to the hot rice, add the beaten eggs and stir well. This will bind the rice mixture to a semi-solid paste.
12. Blend in the diced figs and adjust seasoning if necessary.
13. Leave the mixture to cool.
14. Prepare the pancakes by laying them out flat
15. Drop equal amounts of the mixture onto each one
16. Then fold the pancake around the mixture like an envelope, to form neat, oblong rolls.
17. Make sure the filling is securely wrapped.
18. Roll the pancakes in the flour.
19. Heat the oil in a shallow pan and sauté the rolls until golden all over.
20. Serve with a salad of bean sprouts tossed in a Vinaigrette sauce.