- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eves pudding Recipe Video
|Bramley apples||150 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||50 Gram|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Cold water||1 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||45 Gram, softened|
|Caster sugar||45 Gram|
|Self raising flour||45 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||6 Drop|
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.1 mg
Sodium 323 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.5%
Sugars 47.7 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease two 9cm ramekin dishes with a touch of butter and sprinkle a little of the granulated sugar in the dishes to coat the inside.
2. Peel, core and chop the apples into large dice and place them in a saucepan.
3. Add the lemon juice, cold water and granulated sugar.
4. Cover with cling film as soon as possible, as the apple will quickly discolor when peeled.
5. Break the egg into a small jug and beat well with a fork.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C (Gas Mark 4).
7. Remove the cling film and place the saucepan on the hob over a medium heat.
8. Put on the lid and gently stew the apples for a few minutes until soft.
9. When soft, drain off the excess liquid and mash the apple to a smooth purée using a wooden spoon.
10. Divide the mashed apple between the prepared ramekins and allow to cool.
To make the sponge topping:
11. In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine and sugar, until light and fluffy scraping down the sides of the bowl from time to time.
12. Next, gradually add the beaten egg until all the egg has been incorporated and add a few drops of vanilla extract for extra flavor.
13. Sift the flour into the bowl and fold in using a metal spoon.
14. Spoon the sponge mixture evenly over the apple.
15 Place the ramekins on a baking tray and put them in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20–25 minutes until the Eve’s Puddings are golden brown and the sponge is firm to touch.
16. Remove the Eve’s Puddings from the oven and serve warm with custard.