- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Everyday White Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|All-purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Active dry yeast envelope||1|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.2 mg
Sodium 394.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 325°.
2. Wash and clean the ducklings from inside and out using cold water. Dry properly.
3. Season some salt and lemon juice into cavities. Smooth neck skin over back, then twist wing tips until they rest flat against sides.
4. Take a large bowl and mix together bread cubes, green onions, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms.
5. In a small bowl, drain syrup from pineapple and set aside to make sauce.
6. Cut 4 slices of the pineapple and add to bread mixture. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the melted butter or margarine over top; toss lightly to mix.
7. Add into cavities in ducklings, packing in lightly. Lace opening together with poultry pins or skewers and string.
8. Place ducklings on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Do not add any water or cover pan.
9. Roast in slow oven 1 1/2 hours; pour all drippings from pan.
10. In a small saucepan, mix the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine with soy sauce and honey. Heat and start stirring constantly, to boiling. Brush part over ducklings.
11. Keep on roasting, brushing with remaining soy mixture every 15 minutes, 1 hour, or until a drumstick moves easily and ducklings are richly golden.
12. Take a large serving platter and transfer ducklings into it.
13. Garnish with the remaining pineapple slices cut in half and mint.
14. Carve ducklings into quarters or cut with kitchen scissors and serve with Mandarin Sauce.