- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Everyday Cupcakes Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2670 Calories from Fat 1018
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.1%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.3%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 228.4 mg
Sodium 2102.3 mg87.6%
Total Carbohydrates 380 g126.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 210.3 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 117.5% Iron 70.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, place the shortening.
3) Sift together the dry ingredients.
4) Add the egg and half of the milk to the dry ingredients and mix till the flour is moistened.
5) With an electric mixer set at low speed, beat the mixture for about 2 minutes.
6) Add the vanilla along with the remaining milk and beat for another 1 minute.
7) Fill the paper bake cups in the muffin pans about ½-full with the batter.
8) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
9) Set the cupcakes aside and let them cool. Frost with preferred frosting.
10) Serve the cupcakes at room temperature or slightly chilled. Best when served as a dessert.