- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Escarole Garlic Soup With Chicken Peas Recipe
|Escarole||1 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh garlic cloves||6 Medium, finely minced or pressed|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Chicken broth||2 Quart (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||2 , chopped|
|Canned chickpeas||16 Ounce, drained (Garbanzo Beans)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (As Required)|
Calories 699 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg
Sodium 1661.2 mg69.2%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 51.2% Vitamin C 29.9%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse escarole with water in order to remove sand from its skin.
2. Cut leaves in a cross section style into long thin pieces.
3. Take a 4-quart saucepan and heat olive oil into it.
4. Stir fry escarole, onion, and garlic in hot oil for 5 minutes.
5. Now add1/2 cup of broth in the pan, put a cover on it and let the mix be boiled against low flame for 25-30 minutes. [Once the cooking will be on the verge of completion the leaves will be reduced in size].
6. In case, if the mix turns out dry add more broth into it so that it should not get burned.
7. Add leftover broth, chickpeas, parsley, and pepper into the saucepan to enhancing the taste.
8. Cover the pan and further boil the soup more 10 minutes more.
9. Add Â½ cup of hot cooked rice into the soup bowls and pour the soup over the rice.
10. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the soup before final serve.
11. Serve the soup hot and enjoy.