- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Escabeche - Filipino Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe Video
|Minced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Julienned ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1491 Calories from Fat 550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.8%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 468 mg
Sodium 4730.9 mg197.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.4%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 184 g367.7%
Vitamin A 284.4% Vitamin C 82.4%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 48.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a shallow frying pan and fry the fish until the skin on both sides is crispy. Set aside.
3. For the sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan.
4. Saute the garlic in it.
5. Add the onions and the ginger.
6. Sprinkle in the fish sauce.
7. Add the carrots and give it a stir.
8. Throw in the red and green bell peppers and saute everything together.
9. Season with the crushed black pepper.
10.Drizzle in the vinegar.
11.Dissolve the corn starch in 1/2 cup of water and pour it in.
12.Wait for a minute for the sauce to lightly thicken.
13.Plate the fried fish. Spoon the sauce on the fish and serve right away.