- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Mousse Cake Recipe Video
|Whole milk||8 Ounce|
|Egg whites||4 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||9 Gram|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||20 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||6 Ounce|
|For raspberry mousse|
|Raspberry puree||9 1⁄2 Ounce, strained|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1 Pound|
|Powdered sugar||3 Ounce|
|Raspberry melba sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White coating chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 614 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.4 mg
Sodium 354.3 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 52.4 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine together 2 ounces of milk with egg white and vanilla extract.
3. In a mixing bowl, sieve together flour, sugar and baking powder and salt.
4. In a microwave proof bowl, place the butter and melt it.
5. Beat the flour mixture by adding remaining 6 ounces on milk and butter at low speed using a paddle attachment, until the mixture is moist and airy.
6. Increase the speed to medium and beat in the egg white mixture in 3 parts, beating continuously.
7. After all the egg white mixture is added, beat the mixture well at high speed for 15 seconds.
8. Using a spatula, scrape the sides and bottom of mixing bowl and beat well to mix.
9. In a parchment lined and greased 10”X 10” cake tin, pour the cake batter, bake in oven for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely, and slice it in half horizontally.
11. Place on of the cake slice back in clean cake tin, use the remaining cake slice for some other recipe.
For Raspberry Mousse
12. In a small saucepan, place the water and sprinkle in the gelatine, and heat lightly until the gelatine melts.
13. In a bowl, place the raspberry puree and add in the gelatine mixture.
14. In a mixing, whip together heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peak consistency.
15. Fold the whipped cream lightly into raspberry puree, until well combined.
16. Spread the raspberry mousse over the cake, cover with plastic wrap and freeze it overnight, until it is firm.
17. Remove the mousse cake from freezer, pour the raspberry melba sauce over the mousse cake and spread it all over.
18. Chill the cake in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
19. Cut the edges of raspberry mousse cake and cut in squares.
20. Decorate the mousse cake with white coating chocolate and whole raspberries, if desired and serve.