- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grapefruit Tartlets - The Aubergine Chef Recipe Video
|For candied citrus peel|
|Granulated sugar||20 Ounce|
|Grape fruit||2 Large, quatered|
|For tart shell|
|Pie dough||200 Gram|
|White coating chocolate||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|For fruit curd|
|Unsalted butter||6 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||5 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Fruit juice||3 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Pink food color||2 Drop (Optional)|
|Chantilly cream||18 Ounce|
Calories 1221 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g99.2%
Saturated Fat 38.9 g194.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276.1 mg
Sodium 200.6 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g50.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 128.4 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 64.3%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For Candied Citrus Peel:
1. In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.
2. Remove the flesh from the grapefruit quarters separating the peel, set the flesh aside.
3. Using a paring knife, remove the white pith as much as possible, cut the peel in to about ¼ inch thick strips.
4. Add the peel to the boiling sugar syrup, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 2 hours or until only the quarter of liquid is left.
5. Remove the peel and put it on a drying rack, and allow to dry overnight at room temperature.
For the Tart Shell:
6. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
7. On a clean working table, roll the pie dough to about 1/4 of an inch and cut as per the shape of mini pie cups.
8. Set the rolled dough into the mini pie cups on the tray.
9. Using a fork, poke about 12 to 16 holes on the dough.
10. Line the dough with parchment paper cups and fill it with baking beans.
11. Bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes and rotate the pie cups tray and bake for 4 minutes more until the edges are light brown in color.
12. Remove the pie cup tray from the oven and carefully remove the baking beans from the tart shells.
13. Allow the tart shell to cool down in the pie cup tray for about 30 minutes.
14. Lightly coat the inside of tart shell with white coating chocolate.
For the Fruit curd:
15. In a saucepan, heat together butter, sugar and fruit juice and bring to a boil.
16. In a bowl, beat together 3 eggs.
17. Add the hot fruit juice mixture into the eggs whisking continuously.
18. Put the egg mixture back into the saucepan and heat on medium high heat whisking continuously, until it thickens.
19. Transfer the thickened egg mixture to a bowl and add dash of pink food color and allow to cool.
20. Spoon the egg mixture into the tart shells.
21. Pipe the chantilly cream on the top of egg mixture and top with a candied citrus peel.
22. Serve the Grapefruit tartlets at room temperature or chilled as desired.