- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blackberry Pie Revisited - The Aubergine Chef Recipe Video
|Blackberry puree||13 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||8 Ounce|
|Flour||3 Ounce, sifted|
|9 inch pie crust||1|
|Pie dough||150 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|For egg wash|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 358 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 33.1%
Calcium 4% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. In a small bowl, beat together egg, water and salt to make egg wash and set aside.
3.In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar and salt.
4. In a large bowl, put the blackberry puree and whisk in the flour mixture, until well mixed.
5. In the pie crust, place the whole blackberries and pour the black berry puree and leave it aside.
6. On a clean working table, dust flour and roll pie dough about 10 inches round.
7. Using a paring knife, make 4 large and 4 small slits in the center of rolled dough.
8. Wrap the rolled dough over the rolling pin.
9. Brush the edges of piecrust with egg wash.
10. Carefully place the rolled dough over filled piecrust and cut the extra dough off the edge.
11. Using a fork, press the edges of the pie to seal.
12. Apply the egg wash on the top, using brush.
13. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar on top.
14. Bake the pie in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top gets golden brown color.
15. Remove the pie and allow to cool at room temperature for 2 hours.
16. Serve Blackberry Pie as desired.