- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lumpia - The Aubergine Chef Recipe Video
|Ground turkey meat||1 Pound|
|Garlic bulb||1⁄2 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Onion||6 Ounce, roughly chopped|
|Celery||4 Ounce, roughly chopped|
|Carrot||3 Ounce, roughly chopped|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Lumpia wrapper||1 Packet (spring)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Liter, for frying|
|For flour paste|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg4%
Sodium 54.8 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.22 g0.87%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, place all the vegetable and chop finely.
2. In a bowl, place the ground meat and chopped vegetables, salt, soy sauce, egg, and ground black pepper.
3. Using hand, mix the meat mixture gently without squeezing the meat.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic film and refrigerate until needed.
5. In a small bowl, mix water and flour and set aside.
6. On a clean working table, place the lumpia wrapper, putting one corner towards you.
7. Place 2 tablespoons of meat mixture, in a corner of wrapper, or hold it like a diamond.
8. Roll from the corner and when half wrapper is rolled fold the other 2 corners and roll further.
9. When you get to the part, where it’s just a triangle, apply flour water mixture and seal the roll.
10. Do the same with the remaining wrappers and meat, to make about 45 rolls.
11. In a pan, heat oil to about 350 °F and fry until the lumpia is golden brown in colour.
12. Drain the lumpia on paper towel.
13. Cut the Lumpia diagonally in centre and serve hot with desired dipping.
The rolls can been frozen till needed by storing them in zip lock plastic bags.