- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Episode #01 - Spaghetti with Red Sauce & Appetizers (1 of 2) - Italian Cooking Recipe Video
|Red onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Pelati tomatoes||16 Ounce (For the Red Sauce)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the Red Sauce)|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, chop (For the Red Sauce)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Red Sauce)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (For the Red Sauce)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (For Topping)|
|Water||500 Milliliter (For the pasta)|
|Coarse salt||2 Tablespoon (For the pasta)|
|Spaghetti||12 Ounce (For the pasta)|
|Prosciutto||1⁄2 Pound (For the Prosciutto rolls with Arugula)|
|Arugula leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm) (For the Prosciutto rolls with Arugula)|
Calories 1162 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98 mg
Sodium 8380.8 mg349.2%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 67 g133.4%
Vitamin A 96.7% Vitamin C 180.5%
Calcium 54.7% Iron 45.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing jar pour the can of pelati and with the hand blender process the entire pelati to a puree consistency.
2. In a pot boil water with coarse salt and cook the spaghetti pasta for 12 minute. Drain and keep warm
3. On the chopping board slice the onion while you heat a pan with olive oil. Add and sauté the onions until light brown.
4. Once the onions are done pour the pelati puree in the pan and add salt, pepper and red pepper, and lower the flame to medium. The cooking time is about 15 minutes for the sauce.
5. In the meantime wash the fresh basil and set aside. A few minutes before taking your sauce of the fire, put in the pan half of the basil.
6. Cook for few minute and then mix the cooked pasta in the sauce and mix it well for few minute and then turn off the flame.
7. Pile the spaghetti in red sauce onto dinner plates and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and drizzle of olive oil.
MAKING OF APPETIZER
Prosciutto rolls with arugula
1. Cut off most of the fat from your prosciutto.
2. Lay one slice at the time on a cutting board, put a 4 arugula leaves on the top of it
3. Serve it along with the spaghetti pasta.
Cutting of prosciutto and storing in the Tuscan way.
Slices must be thin, you should be able to keep a slice between your fingers, without it braking up in pieces.
Paper should be put between the slices when packing
It is a good rule to cut off most of the fat off the prosciutto before slicing it.
Pelati means whole peeled tomatoes.
Arugula is a leafy green plant in the mustard family. Its spicy leaves can be eaten raw or cooked