- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Special English Toffee Candy Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Hershey bar||3 , broken into sections|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3662 Calories from Fat 2302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g402.6%
Saturated Fat 142.4 g712%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 517.9 mg
Sodium 365.3 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 331 g110.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 313.8 g
Protein 31 g61.7%
Vitamin A 112.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 36.3% Iron 0.39%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Sprinkle nuts on pan.
3) Use a medium pot to melt butter and sugar, constantly stirring over medium to medium high heat until mixture becomes smooth and of caramel color. While cooking, it will go through a couple of stages first it will be smooth and fluffy, then separate, then will become smooth again with a caramel color. Once it gets to it’s final stage check with a candy thermometer and the temperature should be 300 degrees.
4) When the mixture has reached 300 degrees pour the toffee mixture over the nuts in the greased pan.
5) Immediately lay broken Hershey bars over the toffee.
6) Frost the top evenl, when the chocolate begins to melt.
7) Place inside refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until candy is cold and hard.
8) Use a knife, to break into pieces. Store in air-tight container inside the refrigerator until it is time to eat! Enjoy!
This video is a creation of TheSaucymouth. You can visit TheSaucymouth for complete recipes, and more videos.