- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
English Toffee Recipe Video
|Sticks of butter||2 Medium|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate/Milk chocolate||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (morsels)|
|Crushed pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.7%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg
Sodium 130.8 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 33.9 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 2% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy sauce pan, add the butter, sugar, water and salt.
2. Cook the mixture stirring it continuously to the hard crack stage. Use candy thermometer to check the temperature. It should be 300 degrees.
3. Pour the mixture immediately into an ungreased 13x9 pan and spread out evenly.
4. Sprinkle the semi sweet or milk chocolate morsels.
5. As the morsels melt, spread evenly with a knife or a spatula.
6. Sprinkle the crushed pecans on top.
7. Chill in refrigerator for an hour or until it sets up.
8. Remove from pan into wax paper and break it into pieces.
9. Serve right away.