- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
English Tea Cakes Recipe
|Regular all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Chopped citron||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2455 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.2%
Saturated Fat 44.7 g223.5%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 338 mg
Sodium 1226.6 mg51.1%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.1%
Sugars 173.3 g
Protein 35 g70.1%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 58.9%
Calcium 71.3% Iron 71.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, mix shortening, butter, sugar, and egg until creamy. Add milk, citron, currants, and flour mixture; mix well. Refrigerate.
3. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
4. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts. Dip tops in egg white, then sugar. Place, sugared sides up, 2 inches apart, on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
6. Cool on wire rack; store. These keep well. Makes about 3 dozen.