- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
ENCHILADAS RAQUEL Recipe
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Potato||12 Ounce, quartered (peeled)|
|Canned tomatoes||6 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (peeled)|
|Onion||4 Ounce, quartered (peeled)|
|Beef stock/Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tostada||1 (fried tortilla)|
|Cotija/Queso fresco||12 Ounce|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 37.2 mg
Sodium 737.2 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
* Place meat, potatoes, ground beef and water in pot.
* Cover, cook over low medium heat for 20 minutes, until potatoes
* Drain the juice and reserve.
* Mash the meat and potatoes together with a potato masher.
* Mix in ½ teaspoon of salt.
* In a blender, add reserved juice, canned tomatoes, ½
teaspoon of salt, garlic cloves, onions, serrano chiles, stock, tostada (to thicken sauce), pepper and cumin.
* Puree and transfer sauce into a saucepan.
* Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
* Dip tortilla into saucepan, carefully and quickly transfer onto a baking pan.
* Spoon 2 ounces of meat/potato filling onto the tortilla in an elongated manner.
* Roll the tortilla with the seam ending up at the bottom.
* Arrange rolls closely to one another.
* Repeat with each tortilla. Cover with more sauce.
* Place in an oven for 5-7 minutes at 375˚.
* Serve immediately.
* Sprinkle with crumbled cotija or queso fresco.
Makes 14 enchiladas. Sauce makes 4 ½ cups