- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 cans, 8 oz.each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tortillas||1 1⁄2 Dozen|
|Processed cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Onion rings||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||9 , scrambled|
|Lettuce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.7 mg
Sodium 1569.8 mg65.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 33.3% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to (400°).
2. In a pan combine tomato sauce, water and chili powder and bring to a boil.
3. Dip 6 tortillas in sauce and place on a flat baking pan.
4. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese and onions.
5. Dip 6 more tortillas in sauce and place on top of first layer.
6. Repeat using remaining cheese, onions and tortillas.
7. Heat in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
8. Cook scrambled eggs.
9. Remove pan from oven.
10. Top each stack with lettuce and eggs.
11. In a pan heat the remaining sauce.
12. Serve enchiladas.