- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Enchilada Sauce Recipe Video
|Low sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chile powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Pinch|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (a little less than 1/2 tsp)|
|White flour||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nachos chips||100 Gram|
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg
Sodium 1019 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 22 g44.7%
Vitamin A 101.7% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 48.2% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need2 quart sauce pan
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree
2. In a 2 quart sauce pan add the oil, let it heat up and turn the heat to low and add the flour, cook it for couple of minutes, whisking continuously.
3. Add the chili powder, chicken broth, cumin, garlic powder, salt, sugar and finally the cinnamon, keep whisking and turn the heat up and bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
4. Turn off the heat; this enchilada sauce recipe is done.
5. In a baking dish place the nachos and pour the enchilada sauce over it and top it with cheese.
6. Place the dish in a preheated oven for few minutes or until the cheese melts.
7. Serve the enchilada sauce with nachos and cheese.
You will notice that as the sauce sits it will form a skin on the surface; all you have to do is peel the skin off and throw it away.